Thursday 20 October 2011

Cant talk.....making chairs...

Ok it's late, I'm tired....but wired and I promised some photo's so here we go. No long winded ramblings tonight, just some pic's of my chair in progress and the spectacular one piece Butternut seat that Pete put aside for it. It's been an inspirational four days with another 3 to go..... more pics later this week.


So this is what I'm aiming for....

This is what I started with... a single piece of American Butternut, flattened with a trusty No.8...

And this is where we are, give or take a few spindles, posts and a crest rail...

One more thing, if 'bucket lists' are your thing, and woodworking is your passion- you've got to add making a windsor chair with Pete Galbert to your list. It's inspiring stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment